A 12-Credit Online Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Environmental Planning & Management
Ready to change the world? You’re in the right place at the right time. The “green jobs” industry—and especially renewable energy—is among the fastest growing sectors of the economy. To help meet the strong demand for specialized expertise in the field, the University of Connecticut (UConn) offers a 12-credit Sustainable Environmental Planning and Management certificate program that can be completed in 12-16 months. This online program is designed specifically for:
- Professionals in the natural resources and sustainable environmental fields looking to enhance their skills and advance their careers.
- College graduates with a Bachelor’s degree looking to break into the field.
- Professionals who have been in the workforce for a period of time and are interested in going to graduate school, but need the credentials to apply for a Master’s Degree program.
Depending upon the electives chosen, at completion of the program students will be able to:
- Describe how ecological systems operate and change
- Describe how social, economic, and political systems affect ecological systems
- Identify essential components of decision processes and communication methods
- Apply geospatial skills in a planning context
- Develop custom geospatial tools using Python scripting
- Operate effectively in a team-based planning process
- Prepare an environmental management plan
- Evaluate an environmental management plan for sustainable outcomes
All credits earned in the Sustainable Environmental Planning and Management Certificate may be transferable to UConn’s Master’s of Energy and Environmental Management.
We are currently accepting applications for the spring 2019 semester. The application deadline is Friday, October 26 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Apply now to avoid last minute processing delays.